Monday, October 26, 2015

More experiments in Tofu Scramble, Hash Browns & Cashew Nacho Sauce

Scramble and veggie mixture in bag
This is my second time experimenting with my tofu scramble recipe, found here. This time, I did not
use any sausage/tempeh and I decided to make hash browns instead of potato cubes. It's a matter of taste, but I preferred this version.

I also experimented with non-dairy cashew cream sauce. No recipe for that yet, but definitely soon, because it's a wonderfully creamy, high-fat condiment that vegans and carnivores can both enjoy. The rehydration process worked perfectly and although in photos the sauce appears to have some texture to it, you can't detect anything but smooth, creamy cashew goodness. Lots of stuff to look forward to in future posts :)


Dehydrated hash browns- straight from the freezer into the dehydrator.

Tofu scramble/veggie mix goes into the boiling water, return to boil, then sits in a cozy for 20 minutes while the hash browns cook.
Cashew cream sauce comes right back together with boiling water.

Gorgeous breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment